An international financial firm in Midtown Manhattan is seeking an Assistant Credit Analyst.
This position is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the credit risk arising from the Branch’s lending and investment activities in order to promote the efficiency of the business.
Manage Credit Review Functions
- Organize, review, and coordinate the credit review function in accordance with the Branch’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports for the Managers of Loan and Treasury Department to ensure the accuracy and timely preparation of the credit analysis.
- Review the credit review schedule regularly in order to monitor progress and ensure that SEC filings and other financial information are being received and filed in a timely manner.
Regulatory Compliance and Credit Risks Evaluation
- Interact with the agent bank or other external sources to keep current of new developments and issues in the evaluation of credit risk.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all credit review matters and monitor financial covenants compliance.
- Attend seminars and industry teleconferences related to monitoring credit risk.
Manage Departmental Policies and Procedures
- Circulate important rating actions or other information from newspaper articles to all appropriate Branch Employees.
- Liaison with Manager of Loan Department on credit review issues.
- Submit the internal credit ratings of the loan and securities portfolios.
- Prepare monthly Reports of Loan Rating Changes, Bond Rating Changes and Credit Default Swap (CDS) or Stock Price of Non-Japanese Borrower.
- Participate in the monthly Loan Committee Meeting
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Senior Deputy General Manager and Senior Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university
- A few years’ equivalent working experience
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Email, Internal Databases
- Must be tactful, mature, flexible, and able to successfully respond to multiple work pressures
- Must be able to productively convey ideas and information
- Open to work in a diversified environment