International Energy Investment Firm is seeking a Finance Associate responsible for performing economical valuation of upstream asset management as well as supporting new asset acquisition.
1. Asset Management
- Maintain all financial models and budgets.
- Monitor revenue and cost for each upstream project in conjunction with other members every month, compare with budget, prepare forecast and report.
- Analyze and report cost variances between budget and actual. Communicate with operators to find out the reason if necessary.
- Evaluate single well IRR and NPV to decide whether or not to consent an AFE.
- Track, compare, analyze and report on actual project spend charged against an approved budget or AFE.
- Select a 3rd party engineering firm to create a reserves report. Closely communicate with technical team in Upstream Business department.
- Suggest and improve asset performance in order to maximize asset value
- Prepare hedging analysis and interact with other groups
- Precipitate periodic meeting with operators
- Take a lead on JV audit.
- Sell assets
2. Business Development (New acquisition)
- Support Business Development by analyzing revenue, cost including LOE, CAPEX and GPT and summarize.
- Develop and update financial models including debt finance. Evaluate IRR, NPV and conduct sensitivity analyses.
- Prepare materials for management and Board including presentations and related financial analyses
- Gather information about potential investment opportunities and report
- Analyze strategies of relevant companies by listening earnings calls, reviewing SEC filings and investors presentations and reading equity research etc. Evaluate A&D transactions, employing different valuation methodologies and analyses
- Negotiate confidentiality agreement, non-binding and binding bid letter, term sheet, and purchase and sales agreement etc. with potential sellers/buyers
- Minimum 4-year college degree in preferably Accounting, Economics, or Finance or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 year of working experience in economic evaluation for various upstream business development and asset management roles such as developing and updating financial models;
- Skills in developing and updating Excel formatted financial models;
- The ability to use its analytical mindset to interpret financial data and communicate important themes and trends to management.
- Understanding of US upstream market, finance, tax and equity;
- Ability to update/report the latest upstream industry trend;
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills;
- Clarity of communication in both written and oral
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Familiarity with Spotfire and Aries are a plus.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with business partners including operators, an accounting firm, investment banks, and consultants.
- Highly organized with attention to details and the required time frame
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Adaptability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Open to business travel