To manage client service relationships which includes responding to inquiries on day-to-day operations, participating in improving quality of current services and developing new services.
- Proactively responds to customer inquiries, claims and complaints. Analyzes the customer’s needs and reports to the Manager in a timely manner. Develops solutions/options to customer requirements and improves service relationship with customers
- Informs the customer when potential problems are expected, if a problem has already occurred and takes any required action from the customer to solve the problem quickly.
- Coordinates with other department to provide customers with high quality services. Develops an understanding of operational workflows to accomplish this. Cooperates with appropriate staff of the Bank to provide good services with customers
- Maintains and organizes all the communication records with customers, and minutes on conference call, approval forms, and other documents as directed by the Manager.
- Creates reports and other documents as directed by the Manager to maintain /improve the global custody product quality.
- Rotates between the day and night shifts for response to any inquiry from customer in Japan and other countries.
- Assists in the Officer’s responsibilities during his/her absence (ex. Account maintenance, various approval procedures, review of other staff’s answer for customer’s inquiry).
- Maintains to provide customers with high quality services in cooperation with staff in communicating with customers. Ensure to respond in timely manner and report to customer every two weeks about the status of the pending inquiries.
- Must keep abreast of current market practices and SMTBUSA systems
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Manager not only in existing functions but also other/additional functions necessitated by business expansion.
- Provide high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things.
- 3 to 5 years Global Custody Operations and/or Customer Services experience is preferred (Trust fund administration knowledge is preferred).
- PC Skills in Japanese/English (MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Access preferred).
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written) in Japanese/English.
- Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent preferred.