An international manufacturing company is seeking an Import/Export Operations Manager with Japanese language skill. The individual will be analyzing company’s Import/Export functions and coordinating those involving subsidiaries in US as well as overseas. Will be supervising several staff in the team.
- Manage daily import and export operation
- Guide and lead import & export operation members and settle problem
- Negotiate and coordinate with internal stake holders and freight forwarders
- Implement & monitor international freight contracts yearly, national and/or regional; negotiate and maintain logistic cost to maintain below market average.
- Benchmark international forwarder and custom broker and or service providers for best selection, as needed.
- Create report to head office in Japan and other countries if necessary
- Support to escalate head office in Japan of issue and request
- Support other logistics & supply chain projects as required
- Supervise several employees in the department
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Statistics preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in trade operations, import/export operations with supervisory experience
- Proficient in MS Office. JD Edwards or ERP experience a plus
- Customs broker license
- Knowledge of trade compliance; export control, HTS classification and FTA preferred
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
- Business level Japanese and English language skill