International Asset Management Firm is seeking an Assistant Trader with Japanese language skill who will develop and manage daily operations including trade execution, performance measurement, and portfolio risk analysis. Support business planning, product development and client communications in seeking new mandates.
- Assess, develop and implement internal guidelines and standards regarding the processing and settlement of trades, performance measurement and portfolio maintenance.
- Execute trades within guidelines with focus on economic and efficient trade execution in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Formulate investment strategies, plan investment activities, and report investment performance and status to senior management.
- Monitor investment performance by conducting credit analysis of the funds.
- Inspect financial records, compile and analyze data, prepare detailed reports for Head Office in Tokyo, and propose solutions to related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in financial services, with emphasis on bond market analysis, fixed income trading and fund management.
- At least 2-3 years of portfolio administration experience within the financial services
- Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research industry.
- Detail oriented, analytical, highly organized team player with strong communication skills able to quickly identify and resolve tools.
- Fluency in Japanese desired
- Ability to effectively prioritize work in a real-time environment with strong risk management and compliance awareness.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with business units and other operational groups; a flexible team player able to adapt to change.