An International financial firm is seeking an Expat (Expatriate) Service Associate with Japanese skill who will be assisting International Assignments.
- Responsible for organizing expatriate (and family) housing, furniture rental agreements and tenant insurance, including legal review coordination and interface with housing brokers.
- Responsible for the process of guiding new expatriate employees in the Branch including but not limited to assisting with opening a bank account, maintaining stamp registration cards, record keeping of job-handover completion reports, maintaining phone directory and emergency contact list, semi-annual update of expatriate payroll allocation; providing monthly organization chart; distributing book subscriptions from Japan to expatriates; distributing insurance policies of expatriates.
- Assists income tax related process and reporting, including the coordination of CPA firm to complete expatriate tax returns and assists expatriates with the process.
- Assists expatriate immigration and visa matters. This includes completing documentation, drafting job description, drafting a time line for the process, ensuring expatriate completes actions needed, requesting documentation, sending documentation, receiving approved visa information, and assisting the expatriate with preparation for the interview.
- Assists with various travel arrangements for Head Office employees including the arrangement of events related to the IMF meeting.
- Assists with various department administrative tasks, which include creating various internal reports and applications, assisting with delegation of authority, and other internal paperwork, as needed.
- Translates various documents and announcements from English to Japanese.
- Acts as a back-up for the secretarial assistance to the General Manager including typing/word processing, handling internal and outside mail, phone calls, scheduling appointments, and travel arrangements monthly reports to Head Office, management entertainment control sheets, and holiday cards.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or its equivalent with 3+ years of related experience.
- Bilingual oral and written skills on a business level in both English and Japanese.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills.