An international financial firm is seeking a Credit Analyst who will be responsible for credit evaluation and deal maintenance.
- Reviews potential assets in assigned products/industries and prepares credit applications and makes investment recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable investment guidelines and directives from Head Office and Branch Management.
- Monitors assigned assets/products/industries to maintain credit quality through asset/product/industry appropriate measures, i.e., financial analysis and trends, cross-sectional analysis, cashflow analysis and market value/liquidity.
- Prepares all applications and reports and makes recommendations on all amendments, refinancings and other ongoing activities.
- Responsible for all Head Office and Branch monitoring and reporting requirements, including rating review, business review of documentation, regulatory review, booking and financial and portfolio review requirements, with support from Operations Analyst as designated.
- May conduct business development activities.
- May conduct or support deal structuring activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics or equivalent with 1-3 years related experience.
- Good knowledge of finance and basic accounting.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills in English and Japanese (preferred).
- Good knowledge of commonly used research resources, including Bloomberg, EDGAR, and rating agencies.
- Basic knowledge of corporate finance transaction.
- Basic knowledge of loan markets.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, PowerPoint, Access, and some modeling capabilities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.