An international company is seeking an Assistant Manager, Accounting/Finance who will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, supervising an accounts payable specialist, and preparing accounting reports.
- Accounts Payable: Supervise A/P Specialist for payable entries (including AP trade, expense report, and operating entries), check run and non-check payment process. Posts A/P offsets, adjustments and set-offs. Creates new vendors on Navision upon request with support.
- Accounts Receivable: Review/audits Accounts Receivable postings prepared by Assistant Manager of Credit. Prepares A/R postings when necessary. Posts A/R offsets, write-offs and set-offs. Acts as backup for credit hold release.
- Cash/Bank: Prepare daily bank reconciliation, post miscellaneous bank entries and update cash flow statement. Monitor daily cash for timely payment processing and cash flow. Process wire transfers in banking system.
- Tax returns: Assists with sales tax preparation and compiles specified data for income tax returns.
- Miscellaneous review: Supervise A/P Specialist GST entries, supporting schedules, monthly wholesale trade report and select sales tax returns.
- Monthly Close: Assist with monthly closing process including various recurring entries and various account schedules. Maintain prepaid schedule and prepare month-end general ledger account detail schedules.
- Reports: Prepares various monthly reports relating to recorded expenses. Complete commerce reports and assists with reports.
- Other: Assist with other projects in the Accounting department such as audit schedules and various other assignments.
- Fixed Assets: Posts fixed asset entries and maintains the fixed asset schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance
- Proficient in MS Office. Advanced level in MS Excel
- Experience in MS Dynamics Navision a plus
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills