An international manufacturing company is seeking an administrative assistant who will be responsible for supporting the company’s logistics department. Requires communication with local warehouses, sales team and customers to ensure timely and efficient order fulfillment and customer service.
- Order/invoice processing & Customer Service
Assisting the logistics coordinators in processing incoming purchase orders, checking lot numbers, issuing release orders, and generating invoices. Provides exceptional customer service by responding promptly to customer’s inquiries and concerns.
- EDI processing & Data entry
downloading incoming EDI orders and data entry of outgoing mandatory EDI documents. Data entry into customer’s proprietary EDI systems and troubleshooting of EDI errors and document rejections.
- Custom Pallet & Case Labeling
Ordering or generating custom case and pallet labels as required by the customer; coordinating labeling activities with the respective warehouse to ensure on-time pickup/delivery.
- Invoice Vouchering & Reconcile Discrepancies
Generate payment vouchers for incoming logistics invoices; follow up with Accounts Payable to track past due invoices and reconcile discrepancies.
- Inventory Control
Monitor inventory levels and assist in reconciling end of month physical inventory.
- Keeps Management Informed
Reporting on all incidents quickly to eliminate problems; and by communicating with Management regularly.
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local Practices including Product Recalls
Promoting and maintaining all relevant policies and procedures and participating in the Product Recall process.
- Associate degree or higher
- 1+ year working experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Team player, but also self-reliant
- Strong communications skill both verbal and written