Enforces client accounts management and quality improvement activity. Controls, processes and handles the creation and submission process of custody fee invoices, manages daily reconciliation process for fees receivable, and creates daily records. Generates and reports the accrual reports. Communicates and corresponds with clients in Japanese.
- Submits and processes approval and request forms for operational use and file them.
- Inputs and maintains databases in the department and print out reports.
- Creates and maintains procedures with the manager’s advice.
- Maintains and researches files and records in the department.
- Submits or verifies reports based on reports from custody system and other materials/data.
- Verifies cash, securities, corporate action and other transactions, and inform any problems to the manager and applicable operation groups.
- Corresponds with affiliates, customers, etc. as appropriate.
- Submits materials for marketing, quality control, and business promotion and structures with the manager’s request.
- Processes idle cash interest and Payment Order List.
- Collects and controls necessary documents for segregate accounts, WEB, Reduced Tax and Tax Reclaims.
- Setting up of new accounts and safekeeping of documents based on BSA.
- Performs all BSA/AML assigned duties as listed in the “Amended and Restated Policy regarding Opening, Monitoring and Closing of Custodial Accounts” as found on Employee Access.
- Provides high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- Handles and Controls monthly/quarterly/semi-annual custody fee invoice process control.
- Researches, traces and verifies accurate fee factors such as missing security ID/prices/MBS factors/FX rate and check new security setup and CA related transactions.
- Maintains and updates checklists and fee schedules regularly to prepare for fee process.
- Setup fee schedules/calculation formula/account set up in the Fee System.
- Generates the data of holdings and transactions from Inquiry Plus and creates USD base data to verify asset values and transaction count PIVOT tables for all the customers’ invoices.
- Check and verifies the draft invoice.
- Controls and manages uploading and generating of miscellaneous fees directly received from sub-custodians, including class action service fees/proxy voting fees.
- Calculates fees based on billing cycle base, monthly, quarterly and semi-annually.
- Solves problems by intense investigation in case of discrepancy found in the invoice contents.
- Creates manual invoices when Fee System does not function in the event of special or irregular fee calculation requested, or accurate fee data is not available on the fee database.
- Sends finalized PDF custody fee invoices to the clients via email/FileMarshal.
- Requests Market database/CA teams in CS or IT to update and modify fee factors when irregularity found.
- Creates report the total month end asset market values of the Bank and reports to senior mgt.
- Creates fee analysis reports for business statistics in Japanese and English.
- Creates fee estimates in Japanese or English upon client requests.
- Handles and Controls daily reconciliation of custody fees receivables and Accruals Creation.
- Generates Accrual Report and verify for reporting to Account Dept.
- Investigates and replies to the clients for inquiries in Japanese or English.
- Updates fee operation manuals.
- Files and stores the verified draft invoices in the archives.
- Trains newly joined staff and colleagues who had to support fee operations.
- Performs all functions as assigned by management
- Provides high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things
- Enhances employee’s knowledge and understanding of job responsibilities through continuous communication and on the job training. Training should focus on establishing high quality/accuracy of work.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Japanese (verbal and written).
- Strong PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of accounting is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of cash and securities settlement structure is preferred.