An international financial firm is seeking a Staff Accountant. The responsibility will be supporting the Controller with day to day duties, general accounting functions including assisting in the preparation of quarterly financial statements, general ledger account reconciliations, fixed asset accounting and efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial statements
- Review and verify invoices and check requests.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Conduct AMEX reconciliation.
- Enter invoices into accounting system.
- Prepare and process payments and wire transfers.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to their inquiries.
- Assist in monthly closing process by creating journal entries, maintaining records and files and reconciling accounts.
- Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Maintain monthly team budgets.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules.
- Assist with field work for external audits.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2 + years’ experience in accounting or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Dynamics a plus.
- Proficiency in English required. Japanese extremely helpful.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to compose correspondence.
- Organized and able to follow up on multiple tasks without direction; strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- A professional, flexible team player capable and willing to assume a wide variety of tasks.