An international financial firm is seeking a bilingual Japanese Operations Assistant.
Contacts customers and establishes lending or deposit arrangements. Responsible for providing administrative, clerical, or technical support for a department. This includes distributing information, taking notes, transaction processing, and maintaining/administering documents. Focus on daily deliverable and defined outputs under direct supervision with little discretion. Follows established guidelines for day-to-day, routine operational and administrative work.
- Utilizes word processing and spreadsheet functions to prepare memos, correspondence and special projects.
- Obtains deal information and documents from various sources and conducts research.
- Schedules meetings and conferences, coordinates business travel arrangements and billing activities.
- Performs data entry, updates calendar and prepares daily/weekly monitoring reports in databases and other systems.
- Coordinates workflow between Lending Group departments and other departments.
- Maintains various customer data and documents and updates Pending Reports.
- Maintains deal information such as maturity dates, letter of credit and loan exposure.
- Generates Branch and Head Office reports, using systems as needed.
- Prepares materials for meetings and takes notes if required.
- Assigns credit application and report numbers, records approvals and maintains related logbooks.
- Maintains credit files, including the physical and electronic files.
- Collects information and documents and prepares Customer/Account Profile for BSA review.
- Conducts administrative and operational work for booking and daily activity.
- Performs other administrative tasks as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Experience in either banking operations or bookkeeping plus
- Good business math, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational ability
- Proficiency with PC in business-related applications.
- Bilingual oral and written skills on a business level in both English and Japanese